The new dol.wa.gov is coming soon — here's what to know!

If the information on this translated website is unclear, please contact us at 360.902.3900 for help in your language of choice.

Change your address: Vehicles & boats

Want to leave feedback on an office visit, phone call, or our online services like tab renewal or address change? Tell us how we're doing: Take a survey

Change your vehicle address

Change your boat address

Visit a vehicle licensing office or Quick Title office.

Which address to use

If the address you're changing is for your:

  • Personally-owned vehicle or boat, use your residence street address:
    • You don't need to provide an address if:
      • You're exempt from paying motor vehicle excise taxes or fees.
      • Your vehicle is exempt from motor vehicle excise taxes or fees.
      • You're homeless.
  • Business-owned vehicles, use the street address of the principal place of business in Washington.

You may also need to…

Change the address on your driver license

Changing your address on 1 vehicle doesn't automatically change it on your driver license or other vehicles and boats. If you need to change the address for your driver license, see update your driver license.

Change the address on your Good To Go! account

If you have a Good To Go! electronic tolling pass, be sure to update the contact information on your account with the Department of Transportation:

If you want a new title or registration

You won't automatically get a new title or registration when you change your address. If you want an updated title or registration, you may request one for a fee:

New title or registration options
Type of document Fee When you'll get it
Available at any vehicle licensing office.
Some vehicle licensing offices may charge an additional service fee.
Given to you immediately.
Address change: Regular title
Available at any vehicle licensing office.
$35.50 — Vehicles
$26.75 — Boats
Mailed to you in 8-10 weeks.
Address change: Quick Title
Available only at Quick Title offices.
Quick titles aren't available for vehicles or boats:
  • Reported stolen.
  • As insurance or wrecker destroyed.
  • With a "WA rebuilt" on the title.
$85.50 — Vehicles
$76.75 — Boats
Mailed or given to you immediately.

Terms we use

This is the information we have about your vehicle or boat, such as your name, address, endorsements, restrictions, etc.
This document is your proof of ownership. It is issued when you first purchase your vehicle or boat. You want to keep this in a safe place and not in the vehicle.
When you renew your tabs each year, you receive a new registration document to sign and keep in your vehicle.

Related information

Questions? Need help?

Contact us

Chatbot icon