The new dol.wa.gov is coming soon — here's what to know!

If the information on this translated website is unclear, please contact us at 360.902.3900 for help in your language of choice.

Permits: Commercial vehicles

Trip permits

A Washington commercial vehicle trip permit authorizes you to operate a single commercial vehicle at the maximum weight limit for 3 consecutive days. No more than 3 permits may be used for any 1 vehicle within a 30-day period.

Trip permits cost $25 each, and may be purchased at:

Fuel Permits

You must purchase a special fuel permit when entering Washington if you:

  • Don't pay fuel tax under the International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA).
  • and
  • Plan to operate a diesel or propane-powered commercial vehicle that has:
    • 2 axles and a gross vehicle weight (GVW) over 26,000 pounds
    • 3 or more axles regardless of weight.
    • A combination of vehicles with a combined GVW over 26,000 pounds.

Fuel permits are good for 3 consecutive days, and cost $33 each. You may buy fuel permits at:

Oversize or Overweight Permits

You can purchase Oversize or Overweight Permits online through the Department of Transportation's Electronic System Network for Oversize and Overweight Information (eSNOOPI).

For questions or assistance, call: 360.704.6340.

Related information

Questions? Need help?

Contact us or a vehicle licensing office location.

Chatbot icon