The new dol.wa.gov is coming soon — here's what to know!

If the information on this translated website is unclear, please contact us at 360.902.3900 for help in your language of choice.

License plates

Get new license plates

Learn how to get new plates or transfer a car or motorcycle into your name.

Replace your license plates

Find out how to replace your plates, and what to do with the old ones.

Transfer plates to another vehicle

Bought a new car or motorcycle and want to keep your current license plates? Find out how.

Special plates

Personalize your license plate or get a plate with a special background design.

For military personnel

Find out about license plates, temporary permits, and tax exemptions available to military personnel and their families.

Intermittent-use trailer plates

Learn how to license your intermittent-use trailer.

Off-road vehicles

Learn how to license your off-road vehicle or motorcycle, wheeled all-terrain vehicle (WATV), or snowmobile.

Trip permits

Find out how to get a temporary permit to drive your unlicensed vehicle on public highways.

Moving to WA? Get plates

New to Washington? Find out what you need to do to get Washington license plates.

Chatbot icon