The new dol.wa.gov is coming soon — here's what to know!

If the information on this translated website is unclear, please contact us at 360.902.3900 for help in your language of choice.

Replace your vehicle tabs

If your tabs were lost, stolen, or damaged

You can replace them by submitting a Affidavit of Loss/Release of Interest form:

  • All registered owners must sign the form in front of a notary public or licensing agent at any vehicle licensing office.
  • Include check/money order payable to the Department of Licensing for:
    • $13.75 for passenger vehicle or trailer.
    • $13 for trucks.
  • Mail or bring the form and payment to any office.
  • The tabs will be mailed the next business day.

If your tabs were lost in the mail

If you didn't receive the vehicle tabs you purchased, contact a licensing office. We may be able to send a replacement, at no cost, if you meet these requirements:

  • We verify that we issued the tabs, but you haven't received them within 15-90 days.
  • We have your current mailing address.

Return the original tabs to any vehicle licensing office, if they're ever found.

Find a vehicle licensing office.

Related information

Questions? Need help?

Contact us

Chatbot icon