The new dol.wa.gov is coming soon — here's what to know!

If the information on this translated website is unclear, please contact us at 360.902.3900 for help in your language of choice.

Titles: Vehicles & boats

Transfer ownership into your name

Transfer ownership of a new vehicle into your name after you buy it from a dealer or private party, or receive it as a gift.

Replace a title

Get a replacement if your vehicle title is lost or destroyed.

Get a title if the lienholder is out of business

Remove a lienholder and get a title after paying off the loan for your vehicle or boat, even if the lienholder has gone out of business.

Salvaged, abandoned, or contaminated vehicles

What to do if your vehicle is totaled, abandoned, or contaminated by hazardous chemicals.

Customs inspections

How to get a Washington title if you bought your vehicle in another country.

Child support liens

What to do if a DSHS Child Support lien is filed on your vehicle.

Title fraud

Title fraud and what you can do to protect yourself.

Chatbot icon